Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Balloon Saloon Revision



The revision changes some shadows, moves a couple and darkens a larger area, to create a stronger composition. Of course, as usual after making changes, I always see others area that I could improve. If you paint, you know this is is a never ending process. My usual process is to "lay it down and let it be". I do not fiddle or second guess myself, but I always like to have critiques and comments. In this case the shadow and directional light critique that I received was worth taking a second look and making the changes. I am very happy with the results!

Now it's time to move on. My abstract project was delayed by the recent storm "Nicole". A little more work is needed to finish. The painting evolved into something completely different than my original vision. I hope my swap partner will like it.

No comments: