Sunday, February 13, 2011

Crossing the pond




Boy it has been fun working in mixed media again! I had not done any mixed media in ever so long, but I still have access tons of interesting "found items", hand painted papers and other collage goodies to use. This piece started out as a larger piece and I was able to cut 4 cards from it. It's very reminiscent of a week long, Ann Baldwin, workshop that I attended in 2005, Sedona, AZ. Now I have taken many workshops in various media over the years, but I have to say that Ann's workshop was one of the best I have ever attended.


Since then there have been so many new products introduced and I have added more items to my mixed media arsenal. Mail art just cries out for this medium.


This piece is going to Andy's REAL wall over @ mailart365, one piece went to a gentleman in the UK that has an awesome web site with a Morse Code Translator. The other two have already been mailed to a couple of my local artist friends.


I'm looking forward to more mail art and the challenge of balancing my art interests with it.

No comments: