Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Working on my art addiction........





Isn't it funny how time can just slip up on you? I have been so totally immersed in making mail art that I haven't even thought about any other kind of art, this week. I've only spent one day in the studio where my pastels are laid out, and I have works on two easels there, in various stages of progress. Scurry in and scurry out has been the order of the day!


My little mail art operation has taken over another space and it's getting out of hand. I really must make up some packets of things I just don't use and send them out into the mail art community. I'm trying daily to organize as I go along and will be filling some baggies with excess, to share. Believe me when I say I need the space. I like to paint flat and big when I work with paper!


Even though it's only been a couple of weeks and so far it's been all outgoing mail. I await in anticipation of the arrival of mail, from far away places. The only interesting mail I have received is the arrival of vintage stamps, but they are oh so fun! And to make it even more fun, the envelopes have been stamped with more vintage stamps.


Meanwhile, I have been doing lots of mixed media work and loving every minute of it. My mail art IS ART; little miniatures of the kind of work I like to do. It's also a great way to recycle older works, into something new. It's been exciting reworking pieces of work, by adding more paper, paint, new elements, etc. I've used so many of my hand painted papers that I need to spend a day painting new ones.



So, it's off to the post office this morning with a fistful of mail; heading to foreign lands. The piece above is heading to Greece! Oh what fun making art, of any kind is!

No comments: