Monday, September 6, 2010

Another interesting challenge

Swapping can be a lot of fun; especially when it's with Swap-bot. A friend turned me on to the Swap-bot site when it was just starting up, so I one of the original members. Whenever I have a little spare time and need a little fodder or inspiration, I turn to Swap-bot and join a swap.

The Swap-bot site has grown in leaps and bounds over the years and is now a pretty sophisticated site. A far cry from it's origins. Please check my sidebar for the link and take a look for your self. There are all types of swaps available. I personally love the post card swaps and trading of excess goods, to use for making collage, art journals, cards and art mail. It is so exciting to receive a package, with unusual postage, from a foreign country. When I carry my mail to the post office, I always ask for "real stamps". It's because I know swappers love them.

I recently signed up for an art challenge to paint a small abstract painting. The rules state I must use three randomly selected colors, plus another of my choice. There is a pretty long turn around time on this one. It's not due until November, but I have already started. I'll wait until it's mailed off to my partner (I don't want to spoil her surprise) before I post any other details of this swap.

If you are a lover of snail mail and love to have your post box filled with fun, you must visit the Swap-bot site. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments: